There were two synagogues in Łęczna: the Great and the Little. The Jews were granted permission to build the Great Synagogue in Łęczna in 1648. It was issued by the bishop of Kraków and the heiress at that time – Katarzyna Firlej. The exact date of the synagogue`s erection is unknown. It is believed that it was established in 1655. Unfortunately, in 1670, the synagogue was destroyed during a great fire.
The Little Synagogue in Łęczna was established at the beginning of the 19th century. It was also called a house of prayer, a Jewish school and a school of prayer. The Little Synagogue is located adjacent to the Great one.