The palace was built in the mid-18th century in the late Baroque style. It was the residence of the Bieliński family. In 1799-1944, it belonged to the Zamoyski family. The interiors of the residence combine European cultural traditions with Polish national traditions, weaving the history of the Zamoyski family into them. The interiors largely feature furnishings preserved from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. The entire palace complex comprises 15 buildings and is surrounded by a historic landscape park with a French garden, fountain and rosaries. In addition to the palace, the complex also includes a carriage house, a palace chapel built on the model of the royal chapel at Versailles, the Art Gallery of Socialist Realism, a northern outbuilding with a Tourist Service Centre, a southern outbuilding and the old theatre building.