The history of the castle goes back to the beginning of the 16th century. It belonged to the Bychawski family. Over time it changed owners and was finally rebuilt. Reconstruction of the castle into a baroque palace took place around 1730 under Dominik Stoiński, a land judge.
The original castle was situated on an oval-shaped hill with steep slopes, surrounded by a moat. It was built of stone and brick, on a rectangular plan, with a basement.