The ruins are situated in the southern part of Garbowo on a hill. Remains of a stone staircase lead to them. This is where the Baroque church of St Adalbert was located in the 17th century. During the First World War, in 1915, the church was burnt down by Russian soldiers as part of clearing the battlefront. All that is left of the church is brickwork, fragments of the side walls and a front wall with a cross on top.