The Lubomirski Palace is also called the Radziwill Palace. According to historical sources, the palace was built in the 16th century as the property of the Firlej family. In the 18th century, the residence was taken over by the magnate family of Sanguszko from Lithuania. During the Bar Confederation it was consumed by fire and as a devastated object it came into possession of the Szeptycki family in the 18th century.
Then it became the property of Mayor Benjamin Finke, who bought it at an auction and gave it to the government. The palace then served as the seat of the Lublin Voivodship Commission. At that time, it was renovated in neoclassical style. After another fire in 1829, the palace was once again rebuilt according to the design of architect Henryk Marconi. The building was reconstructed in classicist style and remains in this shape to this day.
After World War II the palace was handed over to the Marie Curie-Skłodowska University.